4 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2011 7:20 AM by SForrest96

problem with Get Signature Activity

Abhiram88

Hi

I have selected an activity named "Get Signature" and i have made input PDF as a literal value and gave an input pdf in it .

After that there is an error says:

sign.JPG

Let me know why this error?

Thanks

Abhiram

• 1. Re: problem with Get Signature Activity
          SForrest96 Level 4

Abhiram

Did you fill in the signature field name property for the "Get Signature" operation?

How was the PDF created, is is an XML based PDF form (LiveCycle Designer) or a PDF with a signature field added using Acrobat?  This is important as it will affect the syntax required to reference the signature field in the "Get Signature" operation.

Regards

Steve

• 2. Re: problem with Get Signature Activity
            Abhiram88 Level 1

Hi Steve,

Yes. The PDF is created in Livecycle designer.

When i made a simple form with one signature field, the signature field name property took the signature field automatically from the PDF given as input.

but in this case i have a little complex form and when i give this as input , it says couldnt retrieve signature field from the PDF.

Thanks

Abhiram

• 3. Re: problem with Get Signature Activity
              Abhiram88 Level 1

hi

I made the siganture name field property as a string variable and manually gave path in the run time( for ex: form1[0].page1[0].signaturefield1[0]) which works fine.

Now i got a signature as a string. how can i use this? can i save it as a certificate or a digital ID?

Thanks

Abhiram

• 4. Re: problem with Get Signature Activity
                SForrest96 Level 4

What are you trying to achieve?

The "Get Signature" operation returns a complex object of type "PDFSignature"  This complex object contains information about the signature itself including:  certificates, CRLs, timestamp etc...  (See attached screen shot).  You would use a "Set Value" operation to map the various elements of the complex object to corresponding variables to access the indvidual bits of data included in the signature.

If you are trying to validate the signature, then use the "Verify PDF Signature" operation.

Regards

Steve