9 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2011 12:31 PM by kglad

Problem: Turn on Audio for external flv on replay when previously muted while playing (CS5 AS2)

yavyn

I have a project where an external video plays with cue points that  trigger the elements on my main timeline (captions). I have a custom mute button  for the video so that the guy talking on the video can be muted if necessary (did not use a skin for video controls but set it up as a button). The problem is, when I reach the end of the video and I click  a "replay" button to restart at the beginning, the timeline and video start but if the video was muted previously, the video remains muted while my button shows that it isn't. How do I  get the audio to turn back on automatically when restarted, or at a minimum show that it's still muted when replaying?

My replay button AS2. mcPlayer is my flv.

Actionscript Code:
      on(press) {
          _parent.mcPlayer.seekToNavCuePoint("pict1");
          mcPlayer.play();
      }

The mute button wasn't set up by me (inherited this project) so I'm not sure how it works but it's a movie clip named "audio" with one point at

Actionscript Code:
      on (release) {
          i = -100;
          s = new Sound(_parent);
          s.setVolume(0);
          gotoAndStop("reset");
      }

and the other at

Actionscript Code:
      on (release) {
          i = -100;
          s = new Sound(_parent);
          s.setVolume(100);
          gotoAndStop("hold");
      }

I just want it reset to 100 when the video starts, whether on or off. What do I need to add to my replay button to make this happen? I've been doing trial and error and nothing's working! Thanks.