4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2012 1:24 AM by Sayujr

Adobe Presenter Always Passes Complete Status to LMS - Even When Quiz Failed

Abu_Luke Level 1

Issue:

I'm trying to publish an Adobe Presenter 7 course with a quiz using SCORM 1.2. I am publishing to our LMS (Cornerstone OnDemand). The course loads and plays fine. However it always reports a complete status to the LMS - even when I fail the quiz. I can even see the score (10 out of 50 points), but the status still shows as completed when it should be incomplete. The pass threshhold is set to 50 points...and yet any scoring allows a completed status.

Questions:

1. Has anyone used Presenter with CSOD?

2. Has anyone used Presenter with any SaaS LMS?

3. Which settings are required to acurately reports a status?

Thanks,

Dan

• 1. Re: Adobe Presenter Always Passes Complete Status to LMS - Even When Quiz Failed
          || -- HacKer -- || Level 1

Have you tried publishing same presentation to Adobe Connect ? Does it returns correct status over there in connect ? If it works fine in Connect then probably it has to do with something with the LMS which you are using.

Thanks,

Ravi

• 2. Re: Adobe Presenter Always Passes Complete Status to LMS - Even When Quiz Failed
            robva65 Level 2

On top of Ravi's suggestion, what I would also recommend is checking the "scorm_support.js" file which can be found in your Scorm Support folder---this is automatically created when you publish your PPT deck.

Open the scorm_support.js file using Notepad, Notepad++....anything other than Word.  From there, look at the top of the js file and you'll see a few variables which help to establish the SCORM setting of the training, but the one to look for looks like this:

var g_nAPI = 1;

if that variable is set to "0", then your published content will trigger SCORM 2004, not 1.2.

I've seen this come up on a few occasions, but ever since upgrading my version of Presenter to 7.0.5, this has gone away.

Additionally, there are a few other things you can do which might help in terms of deploying content in your LMS:

1. I would strongly recommend downloading the ADL SCORM 1.2.7 test suite.  What this basically does is allow you to test the conformity of the SCORM package of a published Presenter course to determine if problems exist BEFORE you post your files to an LMS.  You can download the test suite here:

http://www.adlnet.gov/adlnews/Documents/News%20Archive/TheSCORMConformanceTestSuiteVersion 127SelfTestisAvailableforDownload.aspx

2. If you have an LMS admin at your disposal, be sure to check with that person for deployment criteria when your content is installed on the LMS.  If YOU are that person, then you have some homework to do--because you're going to need to know how to run installation procedures and content checks on your training as recommended by the LMS software.

I've developed and deployed Presenter content on a variety of LMSs, and some have nastier quirks than others...so one solution may not fit every environment, but you have to keep checking!  I would also try reaching out to your LMS's tech support if possible.

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

• 3. Re: Adobe Presenter Always Passes Complete Status to LMS - Even When Quiz Failed
              VideoPep Level 2

Hi Dan,

Please check following information :-

1) Verify  Adobe Presenter>Reporting is set to Complete/Incomplete and Report data is Quiz Result

2) If you have attempted all questions then it will show completed status. So, even if you have scored 10 out of 50 but attempted all Questions it will show complete and not incomplete

Reagrds,

Shubhi

• 4. Re: Adobe Presenter Always Passes Complete Status to LMS - Even When Quiz Failed
                Sayujr

robva65 wrote:

On top of Ravi's suggestion, what I would also recommend is checking the "scorm_support.js" file which can be found in your Scorm Support folder---this is automatically created when you publish your PPT deck.

Open the scorm_support.js file using Notepad, Notepad++....anything other than Word.  From there, look at the top of the js file and you'll see a few variables which help to establish the SCORM setting of the training, but the one to look for looks like this:

var g_nAPI = 1;

if that variable is set to "0", then your published content will trigger SCORM 2004, not 1.2.

I've seen this come up on a few occasions, but ever since upgrading my version of Presenter to 7.0.5, this has gone away.

I have some similar issues in Presenter 8. And I am asked to edit the SCORM_Support.js file. But my issue is that I cannot find this file. I found this under the Captivate directory. And I edited it. But I cannot find a SCORM_Support.js file for Presenter. Any inputs please...?