• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Issue, Quit Safari

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install on Mac 10.6.7 and it tells me to quit chrome and safari. Safari isn't running. I quit everything, still tells me to quit safari. I reboot, run installer with nothing running, still tells me to quit safari.

Please advise, can't install. Have been running zend studio 8 and FB 4 separately, can't wait to get in one environment.

Robert Garcia

Bighead Technology

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Can you please check if that process(Safari) is running by going to Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor. If it is running, can you quit the process and try again.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not. But I found that "Xmarks for Safari" was running. So I quit that and it worked. So I am guessing you are not querying "safari" but something like "safari".

--

Robert Garcia

BigHead Technology

15520 Coutelenc Rd

Magalia, Ca 95954

ph: 530.645.4040 x222 fax: 530.645.4040

rgarcia@bighead.net - http://bighead.net/

On Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at 10:37 PM, sudhirm wrote:

Hi Robert,

Can you please check if that process(Safari) is running by going to Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor. If it is running, can you quit the process and try again.

Thanks,

Sudhir

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robert,

I had the same issue and went thru all of these fixes (all evening) with no success. I figured that some app that was open must be using Safari and I'd never find it. So I went to the apple, opened "Force Quit" and Force Quit Everything that was open. That fixed it and it installed very quickly. Finally! Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines