6 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2011 9:39 PM by Arthur Velly

how to import PPcs5.5 to ppCS5

Arthur Velly Level 1

thanks

• 1. Re: how to import PPcs5.5 to ppCS5
          Colin Brougham Level 6

You don't. At least, you probably can't. You can go forward without issues, but going back is likely going to cause problems.

• 2. Re: how to import PPcs5.5 to ppCS5
            Arthur Velly Level 1

Hey Collins thanks for your quick reply, when posted I forget the magic word.

the right question was:

How to import CS5 SHORTCUTS to CS5.5.

Sorry again and thanks for your time,

Arthur

• 3. Re: how to import PPcs5.5 to ppCS5
              Colin Brougham Level 6

What shortcuts? Keyboard shortcuts? You really can't, if that's the case. A number of keyboard shortcuts have been added or deleted, and I don't think those set up for CS5 will map over to CS5.5. You'll have to start from scratch.

Or are you talking about something else?

• 4. Re: how to import PPcs5.5 to ppCS5
                Arthur Velly Level 1

Yes Collin I was speaking about keyboard shortcut.For strange reasons in life I ve an Italian XOS running in english, with  and english keyboard set in italian -pro mode.

So I ve to recreate all the shortcuts.

I saw that ppCS5.5 keep the same scratch disk and general preference, and thought they will maintain the same keyboard shortcuts as well.

Thanks,

Arthur

• 5. Re: how to import PPcs5.5 to ppCS5
                  Colin Brougham Level 6
                  I saw that ppCS5.5 keep the same scratch disk and general preference, and thought they will maintain the same keyboard shortcuts as well.

Well, the scratch disk preferences are saved into the project file (I believe), so it would make sense that those appear to apply to CS5.5 when you open a CS5 project. However, the keyboard shortcuts are stored in an external file; at least on Windows, you can find them in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.0. The file has a .KYS extension; if you copy that into the folder for CS5.5, it *might* work, but no guarantees.

One thing that might make the transfer a bit easier is to save your keyboard shortcuts to a text document. In CS5, hold down the Control and Shift keys, and click on Edit > Keyboard Customization. The Keyboard Customization dialog will appear, but a new button labled ">> Clipboard" will be added. If you click this, all your shortcuts will be copied to the clipboard as plain text; paste this into a text document, and then you can search for a particular shortcut/command so you can more easily map the previous shortcuts to the new ones. It'll still take some time, but will be a little better than trying to remember everything.

• 6. Re: how to import PPcs5.5 to ppCS5
                    Arthur Velly Level 1

Thanks Collin, the copy method help me a lot, more easy....didn't know this PP "secret" Thanks again,

Arthur