• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image maps with UDV

May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robohelpers,

So here is the issue: I am doing a front page to a webhelp that will basically have a screenshot of the software's front page, with an image map, saying "Please click on an area of the Portal page for more information about that section". This is up and works fine.

However, not all users will be presented with the same Portal page, some will have less options/functionality. I have made the image a UDV so that I can quickly swap in the correct screenshot depending on the output.

The issue then of course is the Image map, which has to change for each of the different images as the screenshot is different. I have tried editing the image map within the UDV Design display, but the Square/Circle/Polygon options are all greyed out (this is RH 9, btw).

Is there a way to make Image Maps for images being used as User Defined Variables? I could have all the images in the one topic and just use Condition tags to control which is outputted but this feels quite messy.

Thanks for any help, really appreciate this forum and the quick replies one tends to get,

cheers,

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul

I'm going to suggest a different approach.

Create a different page for each user type. Then use Conditional Build Tags to govern which page is included in the build.

When you think about it, you have to change the variable set and rebuild anyway. So it's not suggesting a more convoluted or more lengthy approach. Just a different way of handling it.

Another possibility would be to have all the different images and image maps in the same topic. Then conditionalize the unwanted ones out. But personally I think it would be simpler to have multiple topics.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp