2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2007 7:55 PM by Klytus

Multiple column pop-up menus

Klytus
      I have a client with a long list of options that need to be added to a pop-up menu. On 800x600 monitors, the list runs off the bottom of the screen. Is there a way using Fireworks (or Dreamweaver) to automatically split the pop-up menu into columns so I can prevent this from happening? If not using these tools, does anyone know of another source that will allow me to do this?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Multiple column pop-up menus
          Level 7
          Klytus wrote:

> I have a client with a long list of options that need to be added to a pop-up
          > menu. On 800x600 monitors, the list runs off the bottom of the screen. Is there
          > a way using Fireworks (or Dreamweaver) to automatically split the pop-up menu
          > into columns so I can prevent this from happening? If not using these tools,
          > does anyone know of another source that will allow me to do this?

Except for creating child or "sub" links, there's no way to do what you
          want in Fireworks. Actually, long columns of links like that are very
          poor user interface design, anyway. If you can, rather than creating new
          columns, break the navigation into sections, each with its own index page.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Multiple column pop-up menus
            Klytus Level 1
            quote:

Actually, long columns of links like that are very
            poor user interface design, anyway.

Uh...thanks for that. It's why I was asking about multiple columns to begin with.