7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2012 12:32 PM by GeniusMonkey

Speech Analysis - media encoder

MauiFrank

I am trying to do speach analysis in PR CS5.

After selecting Analyze Content, OK

The Adobe Media encoder is launched.

Why?

How do I procede to convert speech to text?

• 1. Re: Speech Analysis - media encoder
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

That's normal. Adobe Media Encoder is part of the processing phase.

• 2. Re: Speech Analysis - media encoder
            MauiFrank Level 1

This part of the "process" is not documented. WHat is the steps in process? In soundbooth it works in one step. Why encode something recorded in PR?

• 3. Re: Speech Analysis - media encoder
              Colin Brougham Level 6

Why encode something recorded in PR?

Nothing is being encoded. The speech transcription process is offloaded to AME so you can continue to work in PPro. Just let it do its thing.

• 4. Re: Speech Analysis - media encoder
                MauiFrank Level 1

After selecting Analyze Content, OK

The Adobe Media encoder is launched.

The Adobe Media Encoder window opens requesting files to be added to Queue, and does nothing without input and starting queue and nothing hapens to the metadata in PR.

What "thing" should it be doing? what indicators is there that it is doing "its thing"?

Is there any detailed  documentation for this?

• 5. Re: Speech Analysis - media encoder
                  Colin Brougham Level 6

You must have a busted installation, because for me on both CS5 and CS5.5, it's an automatic process after clicking OK in the Analyze Content dialog. AME launches (if it's not already open), the selected file is added to the queue, and analysis/transcription begins automatically. When done, the metadata is updated in Premiere. AME CS5.5 looks like this when done:

speech.png

No idea where it's coming apart for you. As I said, there is no manual interaction needed beyond initializing the process from the Metadata panel. There isn't any detailed documentation because there's nothing to detail, beyond the steps you've already said you did. This is what there is in the help docs: Analyze speech for text XMP metadata

• 6. Re: Speech Analysis - media encoder
                    JacquesZA

Did you get an answer? Not sure if it's a similar problem, but my speech analysis also fails.  Here's how things go on my side:

After inserting a .wav or .mov file, I hit "analyze",

I select the relevant language amd quality options,

the Media Encoder pops up and runs,

I get the green check,

BUT...the analysis is not inserted in my metadata.

Any advice?

• 7. Re: Speech Analysis - media encoder
                      GeniusMonkey

OK, I'm sure you've figured this out by now but I'm replying for the sake of others. 

There is all sorts of documentation telling how to analyze the sound file but none showing how to view it once it's finished analyzing.

Once Media Encoder is finished doing it's job, I just click (in media encoder) File/Save Que. It is now saved to the Medadata Panel in Premiere. The transcript will not be visible until the file is selected under your project pane within Premiere Pro.

Hope that helps.