16 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 4:08 PM by Tony P Rudenko

Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error

Zacatac927 Level 1

Hey Guys, I'll take you down the road I've been traveling on for the past few hours.

- Installed CS5.5, everything runs smoothly for the first hour, then I close After Effects,

- Open it back up again, and receive the "Quicktime in not Installed, some plugin's will not work" So I research that fully, realize it isn't actually a problem and stop thinking about it. I also get an Output Module Error on Startup.

- I gather some clips together 1920x1080 23.976, normal 60D footage that I was testing to see stabilized, since it worked very well on my 7D footage (But I doubt its the footage that is causing the problem.

- When I drag, or go into effects and add Warp Stabilization to the clip, I get this error:

"After Effects error: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server. (514) ( 25 :: 101 )"

- And nothing will happen, can't analyze the footage or the error will pop up again.

My Mac:

MacbookPro 17inch

2.2Ghz Intel i7

4GB memory

Running it off of my 1tb 7200rpm external hard drive.

My Firewall is off (turned it off to test one of the Quicktime error solutions, I've had it both on and off, and both problems stay the same)

So throw me any bits of info, I know this has been out for exactly a day, but this sucks. I'm just glad that I'm testing it now, and not later

Thanks guys,

Zac

• 1. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Here's an extremely fundamental tidbit: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your machine is woefully inadequate for AE work.  You only have 4 gigs of memory on it.  You can't possibly run multiprocessing.  People are running AE and using anywhere from 16 to 32 gigs.

Were you previously running AE 10 on this?  Did it work then?

• 2. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
            Zacatac927 Level 1

I've run CS4 on my less powerful mbp for years, and updated, I know I cannot run it at all close to the specs I'd want to but this is not a hardware error in the least.

I'm only using it for light stabilzation, and color correction, people using 16-32 gigs are doing intensive VFX work, I don't need that much, I've been using 4gb for years, and though sometimes it sucks, i work with it.

I exceed all the specs for AFX.

• 3. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
              AtonMusic Level 2

Try this:

quit AE

go to the media core and move all plugs to the desktop.

start ae

quit ae

put the plugs back into the media folder.

I had this problem some months ago after I installed any new plug.

Adobe seems to cache more files that sand-corns on a sunny beach.

Those caches are the root to all evil.

In extreme cases,

try creating a new user account (in os x)

the start AE...

This is a grand way to check whether your preferences, caches or application support files have suffered...

IHTH...

PS ---- While your CPU specs are weak you should still be able to run AE. At least according to Adobe's specs

• 4. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                Zacatac927 Level 1

Didn't work either, the new Warp Stabilizer isn't a plugin in mediacore, its a built in one, I'm going to start playing in the Application folder to see if I can't throw the Stabilzer on the desktop and do the same thing you suggested.

And guys, this isn't about running AFX for vfx work, I've seen guys working AFX doing CC on a macbook, thats just scary. This seems to be in the same realm of support as the Quicktime is not Installed error (When both QX and Q7 are in fact installed) were adobe wants to talk through the internet, and it can't.

• 5. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                  Adobe Employee

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the new Warp Stabilizer. We did have a couple reports of this exact problem during beta testing, but were never able to get it to reproduce for us, or even for the beta testers that experienced the problem.

Some steps/questions:

0) Take a screenshot of all your running processes using Activity Monitor and Cmd-Shift-4.

1) What are your _exact_ steps to reproducing the problem (there are many ways to invoke the stabilizer, for example)?

2) Did you successfully use Warp Stabilizer before on this machine? (I see you already used it on 7D footage successfully)

3) Does it still happen after you quit & relaunch? (with no other apps running)

4) Does it still happen after you reboot & relaunch?

5) If it still happens, try turning Multiprocessing on in the prefs, click OK to dismiss the dialog, then bring it back up and turn Multiprocessing off, and OK again. Then stabilize. Does that help?

If you get it working, please repeat step 0, then post both pictures comparing before & after.

Thanks,

DaveS (Principal Scientist, Adobe Systems)

• 6. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                    Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
                    Running it off of my 1tb 7200rpm external hard drive.

Try the same with the files on the internal drives. Coulkd be an issue where the path simply isn't correctly resolved and handed over to the BG analysis process and it sucks itself into a black hole. Anything from drive slowness to an odd volume name I could imagine....

Mylenium

• 7. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                      Adobe Employee

Also, I forgot to add that your "QuickTime is not installed" error might not appear to be hampering anything, but could indeed be related to this problem. See other threads on the forum for how to solve that particular problem.

-DaveS

• 8. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                        Keith_Clark Level 2

I too have received this error, but only once. And the sequence I was doing was dynamic linked. I have not had the problem with just a regularly imported video though. I will add this effect is HIGHLY CPU intensive. I have 8 gigs, and a quadcore, and it is slow going for a longer file, and that's in SD. good luck to you on HD.

• 9. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                          AtonMusic Level 2

This might be a long shot...

1) Did you save the project prior to adding the Warp Stab to the layer?

If dynamic linking is somehow involed it will need the project to be saved.

I was trying to drag over a composition from AE directly to AME but it did not work.

The I saved the project (Save As...) and then it worked.

2) Have you tried repairing your disk permissions

(Always do a restart after that)

IHTH

• 10. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                            Zacatac927 Level 1

@David: I've been on set for the past two days, tomorrow I'll get around to doing this for you.

I've put the files on both the External, and internal drive, and the same error pops up, even while not connected to the internet.

It worked with my 7D footage just perfect, but won't work on the same file again, which is very odd.

It takes about 2 minutes to analyze and stabilze a 20 srcond HD shot, this isn't about how fast it takes, I'm not worried about this, I've worked with it for a liviing, this is about this problem I made the thread about! , can we stop bringing up that I don't have loads of RAM?

@Aton, I saved the project before adding the warp layer. And I have repaired disk permissions, and restarted, mutiple times. but thanks for the help.

• 11. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                              Zacatac927 Level 1

Alright, done a bit of testing, since I've bee home, nothing is working.

I've tried different sources of footage, from Canon DSLR, to RED1 r3d's and all give me the error.

From clicking and dragging the warp stabilizer, to right clicking, and going to effects>distort> and choosing warp stabilizer, I still get the error, and cannot analyze the footage for stabilzing.

Screen shot 2011-05-07 at 10.44.29 PM.png

• 12. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                                David McGavran Adobe Employee

Ok, so the reason it isn't working at that point is because dynamiclinkmanager.exe isn't running.  We need to figure out why.  So what you should do is:

1: restart your machine

2: launch After Effects

3: take a screen shot of Activity Monitor

4: try and stabilize a shot

5: watch Activity monitor for Stabilizer Server, and or dynamiclinkmanager.exe going away.

6. Post the screen shot from 3 here and describe if anything interesting happened at step 5.

Then we can go from there.

Cheers

Dave

(one of the other daves)

• 13. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                                  Zacatac927 Level 1

Hey David,

I actually decided to do a full reinstall of After Effects, and it has solved the problem, I haven't gotten a quicktime not installed error, and can stabilize..

If I happens again, I'll surely be coming back, but it seems a reinstall of AFX will remove the problem.

• 14. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                                    David McGavran Adobe Employee

Glad that it is working for you...  Was your original install location something odd?  Did you get any error messages?  Was it an upgrade install?  Sounds like one of the sub installers went wrong.  Would be useful for us to know what happened.

Cheers

Dave

• 15. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                                      PaVlo07 Level 1

Hi all,

I had the same issue with ""After Effects error: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server. (514) ( 25 :: 101 )"
                                      Full re-install of Adobe Production Premium CS 5.5 helped .'

Thanks to Zacatac927!

Cheers,
                                      Pavlo

• 16. Re: Could not launch Adobe Stabilization Server Error
                                        Tony P Rudenko Level 1

I had this very same Issue on my Windows PC. Basically I was getting an error message saying the Adobe Stabalizer Server was unable to communicate with the DynamicLinkManager... Although I could clearly see both of them running in my task manager... I attempted many of the above things to no avail... Untill I discovered that my firewall program was blocking all ingoing & outgoing communication from Adobe Stabalizer Server... I thought this was strictly for the purposes of internet communication... well maybe/maybe not... anyway I removed all restrictions, closed out Adobe Stabalizer Server in the taskmanager, restarted After Effects & it was working just fine.... Go figure!!! (a day and a half later...)