I have a problem saving special characters from air to a mysql database.
In air all is fine, he shows ëäûéáúü and other special characters.
Now i create a remoteobject to amfphp and save the data into a mysql database.
The data is now Ã«Ã¤Ã»Ã©Ã¡ÃºÃ¼
my database tables are latin1_swedish_ci.
In php i tried using utf8_encode($var) and utf8_decode($var) but both don't work.
I also put a header at the beginning of my php document.
my mistake, i did it at the wrong place..
I needed to use utf8_decode($var) before saving data into the mysql database.
When data is saved correctly, and you want to retreive the data again and pass it to the air application, you don't need to use utf8_encode($var)