3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2012 3:57 PM by DBarranca

How to detach an ExternalInterface registered Event?

DBarranca Level 4

Hello,

following EB documentation, I'm registering for a Photoshop event this way:

DocumentWatcherPS.as

private static const COUNTER:int = Photoshop.app.stringIDToTypeID( "countAdd" );

public static function addPSSpecificCase():void
      {
      CSXSInterface.instance.evalScript("PhotoshopRegisterEvent", COUNTER.toString());
      ExternalInterface.addCallback("PhotoshopCallback" + CSXSInterface.getInstance().getExtensionId(), myPhotoshopCallback)
      }

then I would like to remove the listener:

public static function detach():void 
      {
        // ??
      }

I'll be glad if someone could help me filling the function with some useful code

Thanks in advance

Davide

• 1. Re: How to detach an ExternalInterface registered Event?
          DBarranca Level 4

Undocumented in Extension Builder help, AFAIK, I had to look back into the Photoshop Panel Developer's Guide for CS4 to get it finally.

Nicely, where there's a PhotoshopRegisterEvent, they've provided a PhotoshopUnRegisterEvent(). Phew!

Davide

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to detach an ExternalInterface registered Event?
            lukychan

I just wonder if you make it working (and how)?

I am using PhotoshopUnRegisterEvent but  always get 'failed" response and I can't unregister events

• 3. Re: How to detach an ExternalInterface registered Event?
              DBarranca Level 4

I resuscitate an old post because (weird to say it) I've run into the very same problem again (how to detach an event), recalling that I had found the solution in the past - so instead to thank myself for the suggestion, here it is for lukychan the code - working for me.

If the DocumentWatcherPS class I've this listener:

public function start():void {
                   CSXSInterface.instance.evalScript("PhotoshopRegisterEvent", model.MAKE_INT); 
                   ExternalInterface.addCallback("PhotoshopCallback" + CSXSInterface.getInstance().getExtensionId(), myPhotoshopCallback); 
              }

where model.MAKE_INT in the AppModel class is:

MAKE_INT:String = Photoshop.app.charIDToTypeID('Mk  ').toString();

The detach function is as follows:

public static function detach():void {
                   CSXSInterface.instance.evalScript("PhotoshopUnRegisterEvent", model.MAKE_INT);
                   trace("Detached"); // it works!
              }

Hope this helps!

Davide