3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2011 7:55 AM by the_wine_snob

Acessing Premier 9 contents after download with trial version

Heir director

I just downloaded the trial version for Premier 9 withe organizer. I then downloaded the Premier contents that you can use to try out the software. After going through the intall for that, I opened the organizer and expected to see theall the different contents available to use. I found nothing. How does one access all the video and audio material provided for the trial?

• 1. Re: Acessing Premier 9 contents after download with trial version
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The additional contents will appear in Premiere Elements as Movie Themes and Title Templates (under the Edit tab) and Disc Menu Templates (under the Disc Menus tab). You will not see more options in the Organizer that I'm aware of.

Do you see more than one option listed under each of these categories? If so, you have the additional content.

• 2. Re: Acessing Premier 9 contents after download with trial version
            Mohammad Tahseen Adobe Employee

Hi Heir,

Organizer is used to organize assets and PRE interface is used to edit videos. During the edit process you will several items like Titles Templates, Movie Themes and Disc Menu Templates etc which are available to users only after Contents are installed. If only PRE is installed and no content then those contents will not be available.

Thanks,

Tahseen

• 3. Re: Acessing Premier 9 contents after download with trial version
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Were you expecting to see "sample" AV files to test with?

If so, there are none, as of PrE 7. PrE4 did include samples, with "a day at the aquaruim" footage, but that was discontinued. Now, the only additional Functional Content will be as stated above, Titles, Menu Sets, Themes/Instant Movie, and some Effects. No more sample files.

However, there are many, many sources of all types of AV footage for testing, on the Internet. One can Search for it by camera make and model, or by file type.

Note: one should not mix formats/CODEC's, and one should also choose a New Project Preset that matches the Source Footage 100%. Otherwise, problems will arise.

If you need to find out how things work in PrE, here is a list of RESOURCES.

Good luck,

Hunt