4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2007 6:24 PM by waterlili89

Apply a Filter to Several Frames Together

waterlili89
      I would like to brighten all of the frames in an animation, and maybe increase the contrast, as well. I know I can go through frame by frame and use Curves or Brightness/Contrast, but because I have a lot of frames, that would be really tedious. Is there a way to apply a filter, like Curves, to many frames at once?
        • 1. Re: Brighten Animation
          Level 7
          If the animation is made of symbols and you make the changes from the
          Properties Panel, it will cascade to all Frames.

Would it be possible to see that animation?

alex

waterlili89 wrote:
          > I would like to brighten all of the frames in an animation, and maybe increase
          > the contrast, as well. I know I can go through frame by frame and use Curves or
          > Brightness/Contrast, but because I have a lot of frames, that would be really
          > tedious. Is there a way to apply a filter, like Curves, to many frames at once?
          >
          • 2. Re: Brighten Animation
            waterlili89 Level 1
            No, it's not made of symbols. It's actually a mini-movie, and each frame is a different screencap. I capped them from a TV episode I was watching on QuickTime.

I haven't uploaded it to the web yet, but I can if that would help.
            • 3. Re: Brighten Animation
              abeall Level 3
              I believe you could do this with Onion Skinning. Look in the Frames panel lower left, there is an icon which will give you many options to "onion skin" or edit multiple frames at once. Simply select "show all frames" and then select all(Ctrl/Cmd + A) and apply your effect.
              • 4. Re: Brighten Animation
                waterlili89 Level 1
                That did it! Thank you so much. I had no idea what onion skinning was until now. Very much appreciated!