Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Item Renderers!! errr

Explorer ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I love Flex and consider myself a pretty decent developer, but these item renderers are driving me NUTS! Hopefully someone can enlighten me. I basically have an array collection which contains three properties in each row (field, operator, value). I want to display this data in a Spark List, with a ComboBox for 'field' and 'operator' and a text input for 'value'. The fields_collection dataprovider is created dynamically, but is basically just a list of different fields to choose from.

I want to assign the 'filters_collection' to the list, and have the ComboBoxes read the data.field/data.operator to select the index of the item in the ComboBox. I then want to be able to change the values, and access modified values on a button click of the parent document:

<s:ArrayCollection id="fields_collection">

<fx:Object label="id" />
             <fx:Object label="modified" />
             <fx:Object label="date" />
             <fx:Object label="uid" />
             <fx:Object label="status" />

</s:ArrayCollection>

<s:ArrayCollection id="operator_collection">
            <fx:Object label="equals" />
            <fx:Object label="not equals" />
            <fx:Object label="like" />
            <fx:Object label="greater than" />
            <fx:Object label="less than" />
        <s:ArrayCollection id="filters_collection">
            <fx:Object field="id" operator="equals" value="34" />
            <fx:Object field="uid" operator="greater than" value="PRO-110404-001-A" />
            <fx:Object field="date" operator="less than" value="12-12-12 00:00:00" />
            <fx:Object field="status" operator="like" value="open" />
            <fx:Object field="level" operator="not equals" value="6" />

<s:List dataProvider="{filters_collection}">
            <s:itemRenderer>
                <fx:Component>
                    <s:ItemRenderer>
                        <fx:Script>
                            <![CDATA[   

public function remove_filter(data:Object):void
                                {
                                    outerDocument.filters_collection.removeItemAt(outerDocument.filters_collection.getItemIndex(data));
                                }

public function save_filter(data:Object):void
                                {
                                    var updated_data:Object= new Object();
                                    updated_data.field= input_field.selectedItem.label;
                                    updated_data.operator= input_operator.selectedItem.label;
                                    updated_data.value= input_value.text;
                                    outerDocument.filters_collection.setItemAt(updated_data, outerDocument.filters_collection.getItemIndex(data));
                                }

public function get_operator_index(data:Object):int
                                {
                                    var selected:int= outerDocument.operator_collection.getItemIndex(data);
                                    return selected;
                                }

public function get_field_index(data:Object):int
                                {
                                    var selected:int= outerDocument.fields_collection.getItemIndex(data);
                                    return selected;
                                }
                            ]]>
                        </fx:Script>
                        <s:HGroup>
                            <s:ComboBox id="input_field" dataProvider="{outerDocument.fields_collection}" width="300" selectedIndex="{get_field_index(data.field)}" />
                            <s:ComboBox id="input_operator" dataProvider="{outerDocument.operator_collection}" selectedIndex="{get_operator_index(data.operator)}" />
                            <s:TextInput id="input_value" text="{data.value}"/>
                            <s:Button label="Remove Filter" click="remove_filter(data)" />
                            <s:Button label="Save Filter" click="save_filter(data);" />
                        </s:HGroup>           
                    </s:ItemRenderer>
                </fx:Component>
            </s:itemRenderer>
        </s:List>

If I click the 'Save Filter' button it will update, but I want to do this automatically without the user having to click a button. I also cannot figure out why the ComboBox won't change.

I really have been scratching my head on these item renderers, between the 3 recent versions of Flex (Flex 3, Flash Builder 4 and 4.5), and both MX and Spark components, I tend to get pretty confused with all the information out there. I feel like these Itemrenderers are a lot more complicated than they need to be... Help please!!!

-Jesse

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Post this over at the flex general discussions forum - they'll have better answers for this.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines