The entire MXML file is defining a class. Use -keep-generated-actionscript
to see the results.
it is a class file?? ok.
1) - can I have more than one mxml file in a flex app
2) - how does my flex application know what is my main mxml file?
3) - where/what is the constructor function in a mxml 'class'
4) - regarding accessibility: is this public, private, static, or protected ... <s:Button id="my_button">
thanks for your time.
I can answer #2 myself ... during creation of flex project, the wizard asks for Main Application File.
3. there is no constructor in mxml
...actually, answers 3 and 4 are more complicated than that (due to the way the compiler converts mxml to AS3), but you can proceed under those assumptions.