2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2011 8:49 AM by wfschmitt

Runtime Error

wfschmitt

I have been receiving periodic popups with the header Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library and stating that AcroRd32.exe
      has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." It usually happens a number of times (I have 10 popups saying the same thing under this browser window). This happens most frequently when I am browsing a Windows Explorer window. I have no idea why acrord32 is even trying to run, which is a second annoyance. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the reader but the error continues. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix/stop this? Running WinXP SP3 Reader 10.0.1 and do recall a security fix to C from Windows Update a week or so ago but have no idea whether that started the problem.

• 1. Re: Runtime Error
          TD Klose

I have recently started receiving the same error message. I am runing Window

s 7 32 bit. I found the program will run OK if opened first from

Start\All Programs. The error does occur when using Internet Explorer and I have the latest version 9 although it also occurs when clicking and Adobe file.

• 2. Re: Runtime Error
            wfschmitt Level 1

Well, it's becoming very distracting. Just now, I was not opening a pdf, but was using Windows Explorer to look through old files and the popup error messages started again. Right now, I'm leaning towards uninstalling the reader and finding something else. It has apparently integrated itself somewhere without permission (or at least without sufficiently explaining what it was doing if I said yes to something). Googling the error finds that it has been a problem in the past, which  points to a QA problem at Adobe. That, combined with this error itself along with Adobes insistance on putting the Quick Start back every time I update (I don't look at pdfs everyday so why slow my machine startup because they don't write tight code), and the incredibly high number of security patches have me wondering what the heck is going on at Adobe.