Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NavigationParsley and local scope trouble with waypoints

New Here ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using NavigationParsley in order to "switch" three component (using property "automationName") contained in a View A.

This view contains so the waypoint meta tag and a PM (wherever it is) triggers the "switch" by using the  NavigationEvent.createNavigateToEvent(...) event.

This works perfectly on the (default) global scope.

Now I've got the following issue : A tabNavigator having several tabs (same type - I'm using Observer + itemRenderer for the tab) and each of these tabs got their own context.

In the PM which trigger the NavigationEvent (in the specific context)  I'm using the "local" scope to dispatch events. In order to do so my PM contains [ManagedEvents(names="eventName1, eventName2, ..., navigateTo", scope="local")].

I've tested if the NavigationEvent was correctly dispatched by adding in a PM (whithin the same context) the following method:

[MessageHandler(selector="navigateTo",scope="local")]

public function testNavigationEvent(event:NavigationEvent):void{

trace('test navigation event was caught');

}

And the event is rightly caught (and so dispatched) in the apprpriate context

BUT the view A does not trigger the event based on automationName as it was doing when event was set as "global".

So I guess [Waypoint] in the view A does not handle the event if set as "local" (but then how to set the waypoint as "loacal" ???)

Thx to answer if you get some fix/explanation/everything which could made the Navigatio working with local event

TOPICS
Cairngorm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2011 May 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with you. Can you file a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'm waiting for registration (I thought I've already have one...) and I put the bug in Jira.

[edit]

Ok I've done it : CGM-74

Thx Alex.

Regards,

CĆ©dric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any news on this subject ?

Thanks

CĆ©dric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will probably not get to work on this in the short term so if it's urgent for you maybe you could try creating a patch for it and attach it to the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

i'm a little bit "stuck" by my project (client's need and not enough time for finding a "good" solution).

For now I've deactivated the use of the Waypoints and only trigger things with event based on selectedIndex (which is not the best design to use...).

So, ok I will wait for a future update and keep my "working but not nice" solution untill then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join the club in being "stuck at projects". Let's keep each other updated once one of us manages to make progress on this in any way. Thanks for your initial workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok Alex we keep in touch

have a nice day

CĆ©dric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines