2 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2011 2:47 PM by Oh Boy Derek

Captured no Frames

Oh Boy Derek

Hey there,

I have been given the task of loading some HDV footage using a Sony HVR-V1U. I have the (rented) camera here with the tapes. The camera plays back the tapes no problem on its LCD screen. I have the camera user manaul and have been using it to properly set the menus.

I am trying to capture this footage using CS5 Premier on my Windows 7 PC. HDV or DV, doesn't matter at this point. When I connect via Firewire, I can gain camera control and see proper timecode in PR, but no image is displayed. When I try to capture, it plays on the camera, but "Recorder captured no frames".

I have tried both DV and HDV settings, adjusted on both the camera and PR. I've also seen in other posts about setting my Firewire to the Legacy driver. I've done this too without success.

I have even tried Windows Photo Gallery, and it does kinda the same thing as PR. HDVSplit does not see the camera connected to the system.

Any help is much appreciated as I am using a rented camera and time is literally money here.

Thanks!

Derek

• 1. Re: Captured no Frames
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure the camera is set fully to hdv. I am not familiar with the camera but i think in the menu you have to tell the camera to output over firewire.

Reset camera and reconnect to pc (dont connect with power on, this will blow out the camera's firewire)

Then make sure Premiere is set to hdv capture.

You will not have preview in Premiere during capture the screen will turn blue with some text.

• 2. Re: Captured no Frames
            Oh Boy Derek Level 1

thanks, though I've run out of time for trial and error. I noticed they gave me an analog out cable that I've been able to feed through my DV deck, and crash record 4:3 letterboxed... not quite the same quality i was hoping for. But at this point, I'll take it.

I'll save this battle with HDV for another day.

-D