9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2011 1:49 AM by Millie1000

I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?

Byron Scott

I just upgraded to Adobe X.  I also upgraded from OpenOffice 3.1 to 3.3.  When I try to print a PDF file an error message reads 'Adobe Reader stopped working'.  Has anyone had this problem? How did you resolve it?

• 1. Re: I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?
          jspurr

I also have this problem.  I recently upgraded both Adobe Reader and my HP2600n printer driver on Windows 7, sp1, 64bit (sp1 also recently upgraded).  I think it started when I updated Reader to "X".  Now, I only get "Adobe Reader has Stopper Working".  It worked fine before the recent upgrades.

Now, I have to email the documents to my old Win XP system to print them.  sigh.

I do not have Open Office (but I do have MS Office 2007 ... I don't think Office has anything to do with it, since it happens with any PDF file in my system)

• 2. Re: I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?
            dave_m_k Adobe Employee

Good day to both of you,

Could you each answer a few questions for me?  I think I may be able to help.

• Could you open your PDF in Adobe Reader and open the document properties (File > Document Properties) and share with me the PDF Producer for the document(s) you're having trouble printing?
            • Have you updated Adobe Reader?  Help > Check for Updates
            • What is the make and model of your printer? 
            • Is it connected locally or networked?

Regards,

David

Acrobat Community Manager

Adobe Systems

• 3. Re: I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?
              flmat

Same problem on my side:

Windows 7, Sp1, 64bit

HP Color Laser Jet 1600 (drivers recently updated and up-to-date according to HP)

working as a local Printer connected via USB

Adobe X (10.0.1)

One sample pdf document: Producer is empty (but was produced by HP Scanjet G3110

using the HP sw it was shipped with - also up-to-date)

Best regards

Mathias

• 4. Re: I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?
                dave_m_k Adobe Employee

Good day Mathias,

Adobe Reader 10 is a bit more picky about the PDF standard than previous versions of Adobe Reader.  There are quite a lot of different PDF creation options out there.  Unfortunately, the vast majority of them do not create PDF files that are of the same standard as that created by Adobe Acrobat.

• If you click 'Print as Image' does the same problem occur?
                • Could you temporarily disable 'Protected Mode' and see if the error still comes up?  See CPSID_86063 for an overview of Protected Mode Troubleshooting and instructions to disable it.  I highly recommend re-enabling Protected Mode after you test printing.

Regards,

David

Adobe Systems

• 5. Re: I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?
                  flmat Level 1

Hi David,

it's the same with both 'Print as Image' and with protected mode disabled.

Error still comes up ...

Best regards

Mathias

Am 24.05.2011 18:42, schrieb dave_m_k:

Good day Mathias,

Adobe Reader 10 is a bit more picky about the PDF standard than previous versions of Adobe Reader.  There are quite a lot of different PDF creation options out there.  Unfortunately, the vast majority of them do not create PDF files that are of the same standard as that created by Adobe Acrobat.

• If you click 'Print as Image' does the same problem occur?

• Could you temporarily disable 'Protected Mode' and see if the error still comes up?  See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/860/cpsid_86063.html and instructions to disable it.  I highly recommend re-enabling Protected Mode after you test printing.

Regards,

David

Adobe Systems

>

• 6. Re: I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?
                    jspurr Level 1

I managed to solve mine -- I de-installed and re-installed my HP Printer driver (not just an update or re-install -- I de-installed first).  Before the problem started, I had just updated a whole bunch of stuff (OS, Printer Driver, Reader, and more).  Perhaps the sequencing did not set well with Reader or the Printer driver.   Good Luck everyone.

• 7. Re: I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?
                      dave_m_k Adobe Employee

Mathias,

Are you having this problem with all PDFs?  Could you try opening and printing this document: http://www.adobe.com/pdf/pdfs/ISO32000-1PublicPatentLicense.pdf  It's an Adobe-made PDF file and only 1 page.

Let me know what happens.

Regards,

David

Adobe Systems

• 8. Re: I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?
                        flmat Level 1

Hi Dave, hi all,

de-installing the printer driver and re-installing it (plug-and-play)

indeed resolved the matter for me, too!

In my case I did not touch all the other HP stuff; removed just

the driver ...

Thanks and good luck!

Mathias

• 9. Re: I am not able to print.  Can anyone help?
                          Millie1000

I have this problem too. I cannot print the page you suggested either. Message comes up Adobe stopped working. There has to be a fix for this as we can't all keep buying new printers. I can print other things on my printer so I know it's not my printer; I have reinstalled the driver, so it's not my printer. It's Adobe. Please can you say why this has happened and how to fix it? thanks