4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2011 7:35 AM by sacripe

CS4 ScrollBar in the Flash UI Components Window?

sacripe

Does this work? Has anyone ever tried it and been successful? If yes, Please help me, cause I'm surely not getting it!   Thanks...

• 2. Re: CS4 ScrollBar in the Flash UI Components Window?
          sacripe Level 1

OK, this didn't work! First of all, I probably need to state that I am working in AS2. There seems to be a lot of confusion between the programming abilities between the two.I am by no means a programmer!

Please let me explain a little of what I'm trying to do. I am trying to produce an e-portfolio using flash since I am just finishing up a class in it and that's my final project. Within this project I have to attach my resume. I'm not in school for the first time, so my resume is a little longer than the kid straight out of high school! lol

I just need a basic scroll bar or scroll pane to get my resume to scroll through within the window. Every time I find some directions on the web or a tutorial that looks like it might work, something stops short of being complete in the instructions or it turns out to be an AS3 instruction. I can't switch back and forth between the two and the rest of my project has to be computed in AS2 so I'm stuck.

PLEASE HELP!                   I'M DESPERATE. And I truly hate to beg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       My final project is due on Tuesday!

• 3. Re: CS4 ScrollBar in the Flash UI Components Window?
            sacripe Level 1

OK, this didn't work! First of all, I probably need to state that I am working in AS2. There seems to be alot of confussion between the programming abilities between the two.I am by no means a programmer!

Please let me explain a little of what I'm trying to do. I am trying to produce an e-portfolio using flash since I am just finishing up a class in it and that's my final project. Within this project I have to attach my resume. I'm not in school for the first time, so my resume is a little longer than the kid straight out of high school! lol

I just need a basic scroll bar or scroll pane to get my resume to scroll through within the window. Every time I find some directions on the web or a tutorial that looks like it might work, something stops short of being complete in the instructions or it turns out to be an AS3 instruction. I can't switch back and forth between the two and the rest of my project has to be computed in AS2 so I'm stuck.

PLEASE HELP! I'M DESPERATE. My final project is due on Tuesday!

• 4. Re: CS4 ScrollBar in the Flash UI Components Window?
              sacripe Level 1

OK, this didn't work! And truly, I'm not a stupid person. First of all, I probably need to state that I am working in AS2. There seems to be a lot of confusion between the programming abilities between the two.I am by no means a programmer!

PLEASE HELP! I'M DESPERATE. My final project is due on Tuesday!