3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2018 7:10 AM by jasonv84639673

Tabbing clears combobox

Neat Gadget Level 1
      When using the tab key, how do you prevent the value of a combobox from being cleared when you tab thru it?

I have a number of fields, when you click the tab ket, it goes from one field to the next. When you get to a combobox field, it clears it.

• 1. Re: Tabbing clears combobox
          jfweber Level 2

Try to set property "tabEnabled" to false for the combobox: combobox.tabEnabled = false;

If it is placed in a seprate movie also try to set "movieclip.tabChildren = false;" if above does not work.

• 2. Re: Tabbing clears combobox
            Neat Gadget Level 1

That was my previous solution. However I think I know what the issue was. I was assigning a value that was not in the list in the combobox. Only issue now is that when you tab to it, it doesn't seem to highlight.

• 3. Re: Tabbing clears combobox
              jasonv84639673

i am having a similiar issue. when i tab through my dropdown, it clears. when i select an item in my dropdown and then go to another field but then return to the previous dropdown, it clears.

I am looking for a script or some way to keep my current data that is entered into the field.

my drop down called STATUTE.witnessdrpdwn1,   is being populated by another field called OTHER(*).last

when you select the drop down it populates another field OTHER(*).statute"

i have this so far:

validate script

if (event.value==" ") this.getField("OFFENSE.1.statute").value = " ";

format script

var i=this.getField("STATUTE.witnessdrpdwn1").currentValueIndices;

if (i>0){

this.getField("OFFENSE.1.statute").value=this.getField("OTHER"+i+".statute").value;

}

mouseup

java script

var witnessdrpddwn=[" ",this.getField("OTHER1.last").value, this.getField("OTHER2.last").value,this.getField("OTHER3.last").value,this.getField("OTHE R4.last").value,this.getField("OTHER5.last").value,this.getField("OTHER6.last").value,this .getField("OTHER7.last").value,this.getField("OTHER8.last").value,this.getField("OTHER9.la st").value,this.getField("OTHER10.last").value,this.getField("OTHER11.last").value,this.ge tField("OTHER12.last").value,this.getField("OTHER13.last").value,this.getField("OTHER14.la st").value,this.getField("OTHER15.last").value,this.getField("OTHER16.last").value,this.ge tField("OTHER17.last").value,this.getField("OTHER18.last").value,this.getField("OTHER19.la st").value,this.getField("OTHER20.last").value,this.getField("OTHER21.last").value,this.ge tField("OTHER22.last").value,this.getField("OTHER23.last").value,this.getField("OTHER24.la st").value,this.getField("OTHER25.last").value,this.getField("OTHER26.last").value,this.ge tField("OTHER27.last").value,this.getField("OTHER28.last").value,this.getField("OTHER29.la st").value,this.getField("OTHER30.last").value,this.getField("OTHER31.last").value,this.ge tField("OTHER32.last").value,this.getField("OTHER33.last").value,this.getField("OTHER34.la st").value,this.getField("OTHER35.last").value,this.getField("OTHER36.last").value,this.ge tField("OTHER37.last").value,this.getField("OTHER38.last").value,this.getField("OTHER39.la st").value,this.getField("OTHER40.last").value,this.getField("OTHER41.last").value,this.ge tField("OTHER42.last").value,this.getField("OTHER43.last").value,this.getField("OTHER44.la st").value,this.getField("OTHER45.last").value,this.getField("OTHER46.last").value,this.ge tField("OTHER47.last").value,this.getField("OTHER48.last").value,this.getField("OTHER49.la st").value,this.getField("OTHER50.last").value];

this.getField("STATUTE.witnessdrpdwn1").setItems(witnessdrpddwn);

any help is appreciated