5 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2011 3:32 PM by Photoquest8458

starter question

Photoquest8458

how do i make the timeline bars tracks (rectangles labeled video 1, video 2...... in the sequence)  wider.  i see how to expand the time (length).  i see how to expand and collapse the tracks (toggle),

• 1. Re: starter question
          cvid01 Level 4

1. Expand the track you wish to increase in size by using the toggle.

2. On the left side of the timeline where the names of the tracks are located hover your mouse on the line between the tracks. You should see a symbol (2 horizontal lines with arrows above and below the lines) that would allow you to increase or decrease the size of the expanded track by holding down your left mouse button and move it to increase the track width, i.e. up or down.

I assume that is what you required, but I may be mistaken.

• 2. Re: starter question
            the_wine_snob Level 9

There are little "handles," or "hot-points" for both the horizontal expansion of the Track Headers, and similar for vertical zoom on the Tracks themselves, but in the Header area.

Just slowly hover your cursor along the "lines" in the Headers, until it turns into a double-line with little arrowheads (some call it a "sandwich"), then click-drag. Depending on your monitor's rresolution, it can be a bit of a "pixel-hunt," but once you see exactly where the hot-points are, you'll do it more quickly next time. Just hover slowly and watch the cursor.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] Until I posted, the earlier reply did not show, and it was posted over an hour ago. This is the 5th time this has happened today!

1 person found this helpful
            • 4. Re: starter question
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Ann,

Your image points out something that I had failed to mention - expanding the Track first. That little red circle gave me a DUH! moment.

As I habitually twirl open the Tracks, I just overlooked that important point.

Thank you,

Hunt

PS - nice shot of the "sandwich" too.

1 person found this helpful
              • 5. Re: starter question
                Photoquest8458 Level 1

great that worked!