5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 11:08 AM by Adam Pyburn

Adding motion to a freeze frame

drakegrad98

I have added a freeze frame to a portion of one of my clips. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add motion to the freeze frame portion (movement, scale, etc.) I've had no luck so far and I want the frozen clip to move a certain spot before it starts playing the non frozen portion of the clip.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Adding motion to a freeze frame
          shooternz Level 6

Best way maybe is to create a Frame grab  and use that to apply motion FX etc

• 2. Re: Adding motion to a freeze frame
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

As Craig says, you can easily Keyframe the fixed Effects>Motion>Scale (Zoom), and Motion>Position (Pan) to animate your still.

If you have not done Keyframing, I strongly suggest reading of it in the Help Files. Animating with Keyframes is easy, but the concept is a little daunting to fully grasp initially, and PrPro offers many adjustments. Once you get your head around Keyframing, you will never go back - the power of Keyframing will seduce you.

Also, though we're talking those fixed Motion Effects, the same general Keyframing operations can apply to many other Effects.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Adding motion to a freeze frame
              joe bloe premiere Level 5

Enable selected video track, park CTI at the frame you want to freeze.
              With Timeline selected: Sequence>Razor Tracks (Ctrl+K)
              Right-click the new segment and select Copy (Edit>Copy) or (Ctrl+C)
              Right-click the new segment again, select Frame Hold...
              Check Hold On, select In Point from drop down menu
              Adjust the preferred duration of your freeze frame
              Park the CTI at the frame you want to resume motion
              Select (Edit>Paste) or (Ctrl+V)
              Return to your freeze frame segment and keyframe away.

• 4. Re: Adding motion to a freeze frame
                Stanley Arthur Level 3

I have used the time-remapping feature to roll to a point and then freeze-frame. After setting up the freeze-frame on the clip, right-click on the clip and choose "Nest". then you can use Motion controls to keyframe the moves you want.

Message was edited by: Stanley Arthur

• 5. Re: Adding motion to a freeze frame
                  Adam Pyburn

Thanks for that tip! This seems like such an unnecessary step, but at least it works. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my keyframes weren't working. Talked to Adobe tech support but they weren't any help.