2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2007 10:44 AM by Doigy

Fireworks Screenshot paste of Windows Media oddity

Doigy Level 1
      If I play an mpeg video in Windows Media Player and take a screenshot using ALT+Print Screen, then paste into Fireworks (or Photoshop), the resultant raster image of the screen shot contains a cut-out rectangle in the middle corresponding to the where the video is, behind which is a raster image of the actual video, so that if you move the screenshot, the video's raster image stays stationary, and you see the screenshot moving over the top of it with a cutout letting you glimpse the video underneath.

Can anyone explain this, and propose a solution?

Taking a screenshot of the screenshot does not remove this phenomena.

Thanks,

Steve
        • 1. Re: Fireworks Screenshot paste of Windows Media oddity
          Level 7
          On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:00:43 +0400, Doigy <webforumsuser@macromedia.com>
          wrote:

> If I play an mpeg video in Windows Media Player and take a screenshot
          > using
          > ALT+Print Screen, then paste into Fireworks (or Photoshop), the resultant
          > raster image of the screen shot contains a cut-out rectangle in the
          > middle
          > corresponding to the where the video is, behind which is a raster image
          > of the
          > actual video, so that if you move the screenshot, the video's raster
          > image
          > stays stationary, and you see the screenshot moving over the top of it
          > with a
          > cutout letting you glimpse the video underneath.
          >
          > Can anyone explain this,

Just a wild guess - maybe tricks with overlays Windows used to display the
          video.

> and propose a solution?

If both image exist, why not select both and group them? Or do I miss
          anything?

--
          Ilya Razmanov
          http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
          • 2. Re: Fireworks Screenshot paste of Windows Media oddity
            Doigy Level 1
            I've copied just the movie, and pasted in Fireworks, and if the MPEG is still playing in Windows Media Player, it plays correspondingly in Fireworks also. There are no actions I can take on it to convert it into bitmap, so, as you say, it is the screenshot is not copying into memory a simple raster image.

There was also no way to group the original two layers either.

Perplexing, but not critical at the moment.