5 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2011 6:52 AM by Dane in Pella

Blu-ray Title & Menu Pages Black

Dane in Pella Level 1

I just burned my first Blu-ray video in PrE7 and the title page and all scene menu pages are black.  None of my custom "artwork" came through. Only the canned play movie or scenes lables can be seen.

I used PE7 to make "stills" and imported them into the project.  Stills resolution was 1920x1080 w 150 resolution.

Output video to MPEG 1440 x 1080

Did I do something wrong, or is the software just no up to the task?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Blu-ray Title & Menu Pages Black
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us the exact steps that you used, plus the Menu Set chosen, for your custom Menus?

Thanks,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Blu-ray Title & Menu Pages Black
            Dane in Pella Level 1

OK, here is what I thinnk you are asking for.

1. Project is HDV 1440 x 1080 NTSC
            2. Disc Menues -> Slideshows -> Pan and Zoom
            3. Drag the corner of the un-used features & title blocks as small as possible and move to lower corners
            4. browse to title page made with PE7 and insert.  This is still in a .psd formate, 1920 x 1080 resolution of 150
            5. browse to menu page & do same.

Once all is done I render the time line.  First few tries gave me the "fatail error" right after encodong was done.  I was picking MPEG 1920 x 1080 NTSC 30.  Picked MPEG 1440 x 1080 NTSC 30 instead, upped virtual memory to 16,000 to 25,000 MB and gave PrE7 priority in task manager and the next time it worked...so I thought.  I did get a good HD video out of it but the title page and all scene menu pages are black.

I have burned a successful DVD with this exact same project, right after this Blu-ray try.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Blu-ray Title & Menu Pages Black
              Dane in Pella Level 1

OK, here is what I think you are asking for.

1. Project is HDV 1440 x 1080 NTSC
              2. Disc Menues -> Slideshows -> Pan and Zoom
              3. Drag the corner of the un-used features & title blocks as small as possible and move to lower corners
              4. browse to title page made with PE7 and insert.  This is still in a .psd format, 1920 x 1080 resolution of 150
              5. browse to menu page & do same.

Once all is done I render the time line.  First few tries gave me the "fatail error" right after encoding was done.  I was picking MPEG 1920 x 1080 NTSC 30.  Picked MPEG 1440 x 1080 NTSC 30 instead, upped virtual memory to 16,000 to 25,000 MB and gave PrE7 priority in task manager and the next time it worked...so I thought.  I did get a good HD video out of it but the title page and all scene menu pages are black.  The scene markers in the video did work as I could "jump" from scene to scene as it was playing.

I have burned a successful DVD with this exact same project, right after this Blu-ray try without changing anything.

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Blu-ray Title & Menu Pages Black
                Dane in Pella Level 1

Here is a little bit more information...

I burned another Blu-ray disk this morning from a different PrE7 project.  This project is set up as an AVCHD full HD 1080i 30.  The title page and scenes page are set up the same way as the one listed above.

One thing I noticed here, and was also on the other disk, when I open the title page after the movie has started, the image playing at that time remains visable, but frozen as a still would be.  This same image remains if I navigate to the scenes page.  It only starts out as black if I open it from just loading it in the player.

The video is great, just need to get the "art work" to come through?

That do yo think?

• 5. Re: Blu-ray Title & Menu Pages Black
                  Dane in Pella Level 1

Maybe I am only "talking" to myself here, but I thought I would share one more thing I learned in hopes of getting an answer.

I tried to burn a blu-ray with a different project were I just used all the "canned" features.  No customization used at all.  The result was the same.  Great video, but the title page and following scene pages were all black.  When I run the mouse over the links, the symbol for that link shows up as white and does work, but you do not know what it is until to try it.

Any thoughts?