2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2011 2:11 PM by jonnew2805

Adobe Reader X and Windows 7 Enterprise Memory Leak

jonnew2805

Hi I am using Adobe Reader X with Windows 7 enterprise when reading a 8000 page document when I do a search I notice that the memory on my machine starts to creep up typically 1Mb per search this will continue to rise to over 300Mb as the document is used until it reaches a point that it freezes the machine, The only way to recover is Ctrl-Alt-Delete and cancel the task. Has this been observed by other users?

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader X and Windows 7 Enterprise Memory Leak
          dave_m_k Adobe Employee

Good day,

Could you provide some additional details about both the file and your system's configuration?

• What version of Adobe Reader X do you have installed? (Help > About Adobe Reader)
          • If you haven't updated to 10.0.3, please do so and see if the issue persists.
          • How was the PDF file you're searching created?  (File > Document Properties > What does the PDF Producer line say?)
          • Are you experiencing this with multiple files?
          • Have you installed SP1 for Windows 7?

Regards,

David

Acrobat Community Manager

Adobe Systems

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader X and Windows 7 Enterprise Memory Leak
            jonnew2805 Level 1

It is 10.0.3

Will get the info on how created in the morning

It is a document that is used by 20 engineers and all experience the same problem - those with xp seem to suffer less and have had 4GB of memory installed.

The document is approx 22mb in size and other things noticed is that it is not just linked to searching as the file is scrolled the memory used increases as soon as you reach 300Mb then the program freezes and is very much repeatable. Unable to let you have the file as company confidential.

Will let you know on SP1 in the morning