0 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2011 7:44 AM by davidbeisner2010

Failed transcode in DL to Encore

davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Sent a 2 hour and 7 minute finished multicam edit over to Encore via DL. I have Encore set to use AME for transcoding, to take advantage of the 64-bit architecture of AME. Waited a little over three hours for the transcode to complete, and at the very end was given a message: Transcoding failed. Another process is accessing the file. So, I closed Premiere (shouldn't need to be closed when doing DL) and tried again. Three hours later I got the same message. So I closed everything out, rebooted, and started the transcode again before I left work for the day. Got back in this morning and it had failed again (though this time I don't have a message to go along with it cause the computer installed updates at 4am and rebooted). Now I'm using AME to encode the files in MPEG2-DVD format straight out of Premiere, and I'll import these to replace the DL timeline in Encore.

Anybody got any suggestions why the transcode failed so many times in Encore, and why I'd receive that message about another process accessing the file?