3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2011 7:40 AM by Linda Nicholls

Making the sun from Apple/Mac Weather Widget

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to make the sun from Mac's weather widget that can be seen in the Dashboard if it's placed there, or on the iPhone "Weather" App that comes stock with the phone? I have been trying hard to build this in Fireworks for a few days now but can't seem to get it just right. I get kind of close, but it still leaves me itching my head and saying, how the heck did they make that? Take a look at the image attached, this is my latest attempt from last night (took me about a half hour or so). The left one is mine, I just can't seem to get the sphere to look quite as good as the one on the widget. Notice the bottom portion of the actual one is more brighter yellow and looks like it is glowing, whereas mine is not. And don't get me started on the rays radiating from the sun! Even the top white "shine" in mine is not as nice as the one on the widget.

Is Fireworks just not equipped to make a graphic like that? I should hope not, I give Fireworks a lot of credit, but I just can't seem to get this one and so I thought to kindly ask someone here to give it a shot and give me some pointers.

Thanks for your help!