2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2007 5:11 AM by James Newton, ACP

Movie Size

Blindgator Level 1
      I have a game that I made in director and it very big but I want it to be scaled down to the players screen size. Is there any lingo to do that?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Movie Size
          Level 7
          Blindgator wrote:

> I have a game that I made in director and it very big but I want it to be scaled down to the players screen size. Is there any lingo to do that?

You can set the rect of your stage to any size.

For example, to set the stage to resize to fullscreen
          (the stage).rect = the desktopRectList[1]
          (the stage).drawRect = the desktopRectList[1]

The first line scales the stage to a certain size. The second tells where to place the stage on the monitor.
          Say, at the start of a movie we have an 800 x 600 movie :
          gStartSize = (the stage).rect

then later when we want to change the stage to 1024 x 768 and keep it centred,
          (the stage).drawRect = rect(0, 0, 1024, 768)
          (the stage).rect = gStartSize - rect(112, 84, 0, 0) + rect(0, 0, 112, 84)

The width difference between the 2 sizes is 1024-800 = 224
          So, I added 112 to the left and right of the orginal stage rect to make sure my new size of 1024x768 was centred. I did the same for teh vertical
          dimension.

The above scales a stage up. You could use the same code to scale it down.

Note - scaling in this way may affect playback and visual quality of your application.

regards
          Dean

Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
          http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
          http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
          email: d.utian@unsw.edu.au

• 2. Re: Movie Size
            James Newton, ACP Level 3
            You can find other answers to a very similar question on the Basics Forum.