5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2011 3:22 AM by danplnsk2

Hebrew Fonts Problem Really Really Important.

kfirba2

hello!

I am using adobe premiere pro cs5.5 , and it not supporting in Hebrew language, I mean fonts not the system language, when I press CTRL+T to add new title, a window pop up like usual but when i write in Hebrew it shows X's or boxes but when i write in English it write it normally just like i typed.

and i need this Hebrew titles. please someone can help me and tell me what to do? this program really disapointed me, i really tought to purchase the cs5.5 but I dont think im going to do it soon cause of this problem.

Thanks and have a nice day!

• 1. Re: Hebrew Fonts Problem Really Really Important.
          davidbeisner2010 Level 3

One possible solution would be to see if you can make your titles in Photoshop (I know it handles the Hebrew font, though I've not tried in PPro) and then import them to Premiere... it's slightly more work intensive, but should work just fine. Just create your titles on a transparent background, one title in each layer, and then import your entire PSD into Premiere with layers. Then just drag each layer into your timeline where you need it...

• 2. Re: Hebrew Fonts Problem Really Really Important.
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

You should also check After Effects. I know that many people are successful using Hebrew fonts in After Effects.

• 3. Re: Hebrew Fonts Problem Really Really Important.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

How an Adobe program handles Aribic/Hebrew is usually dependent on the Language of the program and the OS. Search on "Aribic Fonts," will reveal a lot of hits, and especially in the PS Forum. You will also see posts/solutions in the AI, InDesign, and probably some in PrPro and Encore, but I recall fewer such questions there. Just having the fonts on the system is usually not enough to get things correct.

David's method should work fine, though PS suffers, if the install Language is NOT Aribic, or other right-to-left Language. Most word processors do not have this issue, so the production of the tilte's text in them, and then the use of Copy/Paste usually works just fine.

Good luck,

Hunt

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt - typo

• 4. Re: Hebrew Fonts Problem Really Really Important.
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Todd,

Quick AE question, please: is AE capable of doing right to left text, regardless of the install Language and the OS's Language? If so, then its use would probably be as efficient, as doing the Copy/Paste from a compatible word processor. I know that PS, AI, InDesign and Encore (PrPro too, probably) suffer from issues with the right to left aspect of Aribic and Hebrew.

Thanks,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Hebrew Fonts Problem Really Really Important.
                  danplnsk2 Level 1

To use Hebrew fonts you should scroll down the Font Family option until you get to Adobe Hebrew.

There you have all the Hebrew fonts in Windows and you can use them.

I do so for many years and it works perfectly.