5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2011 11:58 AM by Shadreck Rukweza

Alternate Transcoder for HD to SD?  (MAC Platform)

mdubuque Level 1

Hello, I just created an acceptable, but not superior, export of my film, downrezzing from HD to SD on an Apple platform.  With the help of Jeff, Ann and Bill, I'm persuaded we arrived at the optimal settings given my current setup.

My transcoding problems are somewhat specific to my film.

For example, I have six different colored rolling text streams, all of them streaming in different directions, as in this screen shot below:

Screen shot 2011-05-14 at 9.09.19 AM.png

I think this segment was pretty challenging for the Adobe transcoder.  Indeed, my downrezzed file suffered most in this portion of the film.

Please note I have reduced all my opacities to 85%, etc. in an effort to mitigate the harm and this footage is pretty much broadcast safe, per a very helpful link on how to improve title quality in SD provided by Bill Hunt.

Any thoughts on an alternate transcoder from HD to SD for an Apple Platform that I might try?

I don't want to get to cute and bleeding edge and I prefer a transcoder that works closely with Adobe, much in the way that Mocha does for visual effects.

I downloaded a copy of (I believe it's called) HC media encoder yesterday, but the accompanying .pdf said it was for Windows platforms only...

Thanks!

Matt