3 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2011 4:47 AM by Bushy162

Feather my Trimming, Not my Mask.

Bushy162 Level 1

Very simple. I've trimmed my mask. I want to extend my mask, AND I want the extension to away.  Feathering isn't an option, because that blurs the image.

Please help,

and thanks in advance.

Harry.

• 1. Re: Feather my Trimming, Not my Mask.
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Sorry, not clear on what you're asking.  You can use the Mask Expansion parameter of a mask to increase or reduce the size of the mask.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Feather my Trimming, Not my Mask.
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure what you want to do here. Press MM to reveal all mask properties. You can:

1. Expand or contract the mask by pixels. If you expand a rectangular mask you get round corners.
            2. Animate the mask path. Any vertex may be repositioned. The vertex will travel or tween to it's new position in a straight line.
            3. Add other mask path's to you existing mask. These new mask path's may also be animated.

Please explain exactly what you're trying to do or better yet, post a screenshot.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Feather my Trimming, Not my Mask.
              Bushy162 Level 1

Sorry sorry, my fault. YES, the expansion parameter IS what I was wanting. Cheers. However, in my description, I missed out the word "fade" and just said "away".  I want the expanded part to fade away towards the OUTER edge.