4 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2011 9:49 AM by pziecina

<VIDEO> embed issues

Jay_Grey

Hi all.. Noob here...

I have created a very simple <video> embed with fall-back code for all browsers. When test viewing in FF4 locally, the vicdeo appears and plays perfectly. But when I upload to a server (retaining the same file structure) the video does not appear.  All other browsers seem to be displaying fine...

Why?

• 1. Re: <VIDEO> embed issues
          pziecina Adobe Community Professional

Hi

Can you post the link to the page?

PZ

• 2. Re: <VIDEO> embed issues
            Jay_Grey Level 1

Certainly, PZ. Please view here: http://www.selfdestruct.tv/h5/

You'll see that in all browsers (Safari, IE, Chrome), it is displayed peachy. But in FF there is an "X".

Thank my friend

• 3. Re: <VIDEO> embed issues

Hi

Have you tried it without the webm format?

The 'X' normally means that there is a problem with the video itself, (unfortunately, I like probably 99.9% of people have almost no experience with the webm format!). As the ogv file is playing in other browsers, (and should be playing in FF) then this file should be o/k. It may also be that FF4 is using the ogv video, (it is the first in the list that it can use) but trying to play it as webm, or in some way conflicting with the webm.

This is one of the problems with the html5 video formats and especially the new webm format, in that very few people will probably know of all the problems/conflicts that can occur until they become much more widely used.

The good news is that the flash fall-back works for IE, and the code itself appears to be correct, but as I say the webm is an unknown.

PZ

• 4. Re: <VIDEO> embed issues

Hi

Having done some more testing, (actually much testing) I would check the video codex your encoder is using as this is probably the cause of the problem.

PZ