5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2009 9:28 PM by ww00

checkbox

ww00
      hye....
      i'm newbie here.i want to ask,i'm not sure if this can be done.
      i have a checkbox and a user input text .when a user input a text,and click the checkbox,it will search the text specified.

can this be done?anybody please help me....

thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: checkbox
          matthew horn Level 3
          Sure it can be done. Trigger your search on the change event of the checkbox, like this:

<mx:CheckBox change="doSearch(event)"/>

In the doSearch method, get the value of the checkbox's text property, if that's what you want.

matt horn
          flex docs
          • 2. Re: checkbox
            Gregory Lafrance Level 6
            The change event accessed in the change handler function has a property "target", and you can get the CheckBox label using event.target.label.
            • 3. Re: checkbox
              ww00 Level 1
              i have applied the source code you are given.but,i can't get it right!!i'm new in flex development and such a dumb.could you help me??i have a datagrid actually and i want user to be able to search for item they need form the datagridusing the checkbox and text input.
              • 4. Re: checkbox
                Gregory Lafrance Level 6
                I guess we need a more clear description of the relationship between the DataGrid, CheckBox, and TextInput. How do they all relate, and to each other, in terms of searching.
                • 5. Re: checkbox
                  ww00 Level 1
                  i have tried out some examples and implement them in my code.i encounter some problem.could anyone help??when i correct one error ,another error would come out.i'm getting frustrated with myself..i want to learn more.i hope anybody outhere can help me...i post the code;could anyone help to correct where i'm wrong?any minor help would be really appreciated...thanks a lot for your effort