Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp and ASP files

New Here ,
May 15, 2011 May 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Ok so here is my question, and it may not be able to be done, Is there a way to include asp code within a robohelp html page?  I know I can include JavaScript in the page and I can call an external asp page, but for what I'm trying to achieve, going to the external page is not the best or fanciest way to do it.

I'm currently using RoboHelp 8 and RoboServer 8

I work on a machine that have XP Pro

Any Help is greatly appreciated,

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I don't think you'll be able to insert ASP into a RoboHelp topic. Never tried it myself. Even if it works, RoboHelp will still create .htm-pages so your server will not parse them, unless you can configure your server to also parse regular .htm pages.

Since you can insert JavaScript, I would try to create an AJAX call in the RoboHelp topic and add the asp pages as baggage files to the project. WebHelp itself also uses AJAX calls so that should not be a problem.

You also say that you are using RoboServer and I don't know if Robo server allows server side scripting. But you can also try placing the ASP pages on an external URL and call the external resources from your topics. (Both servers need to allow this).

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp