1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2011 10:33 AM by ilssac

Coldfusion and PayPal..any ideas/hints

wmkolcz Level 1

I have a site that I am using PayPal Standard with to process credit cards for accounts. I can't seem to find any answers for how the process can be done in the method I need it.

Basically, the user signs up for an account, entering account information (username, password, organization name, first name, last name, email address, etc). Once the information is entered, i want to go to PayPal to have them process the payment and then come back and insert the information into the database so they can start to use their membership.

How can this be accomplished?

Process as I see it:

Enter sign up information

Click the pay now

Process with PayPal

Return a successful payment

Insert their account information

Thanks. Its the last step till I launch my pet manager for rescue and shelters!

• 1. Re: Coldfusion and PayPal..any ideas/hints
          ilssac Level 5

Look at the details for PayPal's "response".

Basicaly you configure your PayPal account with all the details, including a post payment processing URL.  Then whenever PayPall has processed a payment for you, it will post a form to that URL with all the details about the payment.  You then build a page at the url that handles the form data, just like any other form processing page you may have built.

It really isn't all that difficult, other then going through PayPal's sandbox development environment so that you can simulate payment processing while develing your code.

It's been more then five years since I set all this up and I know some things have probably changed... but I didn't find it all that difficult to follow the PayPal instructions at the time for setting up the processing.

Message was edited by: ilssac to add URL to documentation I used: https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/en_US/files/developer/PP_OrderMgmt_IntegrationGuide.pdf