4 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2011 3:49 AM by i_dream_of_jeannie

help

wyleece225

how do i convert a premiere element 9 video to an mpeg. can someone give me advice please. thanks

• 1. Re: help
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Start by reading the step by step instructions in the user guide

P-Elements 9 http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/index.html

Look for the SHARE option

• 2. Re: help
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

What you need to do is to Export your Timeline. As John T. has pointed out, that is accomplished via the Share Tab, and its possible settings.

Going back several versions, Export = Export, but nearly all Export functions (all that you will need here) were moved to the Share Tab. When you open that Tab, look for the various drop-down menus. Also, note that you might need to scroll that Tab to see all options. Look to the right for the Scroll Bars. Not seeing all options, and not seeing the Scroll Bars, has been a tripping point for many new users.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: help
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I also strongly recommend the resources linked in this ARTICLE. Along with the Help Files, Steve Grisetti's Basic Training Series, his Learning Series, and his books are excellent.

Happy editing,

Hunt

• 4. Re: help
                i_dream_of_jeannie Level 1

Put your clip on the timeline and do the following:

1.  Go to Share tab

2. Select Computer

3. Select MPEG.

4. Out of the dropdown, select any preset in which you want your ooutput file to be.