2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2011 8:59 AM by Town of Suffield

Adobe Reader Issue

boogians61

The following has been a constant issue with 64bit Windows7. I have never been able to view pdf's in browser without doing some sort of tweaking first.

From deleting browser history, resetting Internet Explorer, repairing Reader, to uninstalling and reverting back to an earlier version....I have done it all.

Currently, I am using Adobe Reader 8 and once again can't view online pdf files.  A message box appears indicating there is a problem with Adobe Reader and at one point I received this error code: 1074724867:3.  I went thru all the steps mentioned above, and still nothing.  A permanent solution to this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader Issue
          boogians61 Level 1

Uninstalled Adobe Reader 8 with Windows programs and features options. Deleted extra program files that remained from uninstall?? Reset Internet Explorer.

Downloaded the newest version of Adobe Reader and still had same problem as before. Uninstalled and reverted back to Adobe Reader 9 and problem solved...for now. There has got to be an easier way! Thanks. 

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader Issue
            Town of Suffield

Installed Adobe x. When openning a PDF file from the internet error results.

The error is "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader If it is running, please exit and try again. (1074724867:3)"

I am running Windows 7 32 bit. I uninstalled 9 and installed 10. Then uninstalled 10 and reinstalled 10 with reboot in between of course.

I also have Adobe Standard 8 and that runs fine.

Very time comsumming. I have chnaged some of the settings to see if one of the changes would make a difference. None have.

Any solution out there? reg hack, Config change, Service Pack etc

Thank you very much