1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 23, 2006 3:53 AM by Newsgroup_User

What does "/" means?

roozbeh_fir
      i'm working on a code like this
      currPos = getProperty("/timeline", _x);
      i want to know what "/" means before timeline in this code? i need to know because i'm gonna make this target relative for some reason. i've changed it to "this._parent.timeline" but it didn't work.

If this is too hard to answer can you just show me a resourse to creat a sliding navigation which slides some linked photos triggered by mouse events on left and right flash buttons,... i actually want to load that navigation on a mainframe movie so i need relative targets not absolutes!
        • 1. Re: What does "/" means?
          Level 7

roozbeh_fir wrote:
          > i'm working on a code like this
          > ....
          > currPos = getProperty("/timeline", _x);
          > ....
          > i want to know what "/" means before timeline in this code? i need to know
          > because i'm gonna make this target relative for some reason. i've changed it to
          > "this._parent.timeline" but it didn't work.

the slash "/" stands for the root in flash 4 syntax, you must be working
          some old file sample :)

> If this is too hard to answer can you just show me a resourse to creat a
          > sliding navigation which slides some linked photos triggered by mouse events on
          > left and right flash buttons,... i actually want to load that navigation on a
          > mainframe movie so i need relative targets not absolutes!

have you seen such navigation anywhere so we have clear picture what is that
          you look for ?

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>