3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2011 5:56 PM by the_wine_snob

Video won't Playback properly

joshimbriani

I'm using PE8 on a computer with 4 gig RAM and 144gb left on my hard drive.

I'm working on a project for class and have made a video with a bunch of little clips thrown together with some 1/3rd screen titles for each one. Now whenever I export the product (I've tried MP4, AVI, MP2) a few seconds of the starting clips plays, then the video freezes but the sound keeps going on until it reaches the place where the next of my little clips starts where the video kicks back in for a few seconds until the same thing happens. (Actually the same thing happens when I try to preview it in PE8.

Please throw any suggestions you may have out there. I'm a complete noob to editing video.

• 1. Re: Video won't Playback properly
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Can you give us some more information:

What are the full specs. of the Clips that you used? This ARTICLE will give you some background.

Can you tell us the Project Preset chosen, at New Project? That should match those Clips perfectly.

Let's just look at an AVI Export, for now. When you choose Share>DV-AVI, does that file play?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Video won't Playback properly
            joshimbriani Level 1

Clips: AVI format, 640x480, Total Bitrate: 1887 kbps, 30fps

Project Preset: NTSC -> Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorder -> Standard 48khz

How long should an AVI take? The video itself is about 18 mins long. When I made the AVI before it did it in 30 mins but now it says 3 hrs. Is it a sign it's working right?

• 3. Re: Video won't Playback properly
              the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, that is a start. What is the CODEC in the AVI?

Since you have an AVI file (could be almost anything inside that AVI wrapper), I am not sure that you have the best Project Preset. The answer ot the first quesition will help us decide.

How long should an AVI take? The video itself is about 18 mins long. When I made the AVI before it did it in 30 mins but now it says 3 hrs. Is it a sign it's working right?

Not sure that I understand this question. How long should what take?

Good luck,

Hunt