2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2011 7:14 PM by SS-Jingyan

FLEX development issue: HTTP request error. Any help?

SS-Jingyan

We use the HTTPService to communicate with the back end. By directly adding the URL into the service, send the service to the controller to complete a request.

Here is the issue description:

• It occurs on short (10ms) requests as well.
      • It appears to occur randomly.
      • The connection is over SSL.
      • It only occurs for users of IE8, not for users using IE6.
      • Once it occurs, users need to shut down IE and restart it. It appears to require a few minutes to reset itself.
      • It does not appear to affect the rest of the user's internet connection -we can continue to use other IE windows.
      • Once it occurs, it appears that no HTTPService request from the flex application will work.
      • It occurs (apparently) only for a small subset of users. Initially it seemed to be due to their physical distance from the main server, but this no longer appears to be necessarily the case (though it could be connection quality). At least when I try the case in my Develop environment, the issue never happened.
      • The application does a wide range of requests, many in parallel though I've not been able to reproduce the problem in my local develop environment.
      • There appears to be no related server side request entry in the server logs, suggesting the request never reaches the server (possibly never leaving the client). It is really weird!!!
      • The server responds to all requests with the relevant cache headers to turn of IE caching.

Here is the error log I caught:
      [FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: searchAction.do"] messageId="C444727C-B97A-DD44-AFAB-E39013A5FD8E" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

Is there any suggestion?

• 1. Re: FLEX development issue: HTTP request error. Any help?
          oldMster Level 3

The 2032 error basically means that flex didn't receive a response from the server before it timed out or the server connection was terminated.  Everything we develop uses HTTPRequests, but I haven't encountered this problem specific to IE8.  Most of the user base is still on IE6, so that doesn't mean our code is immune, we just haven't run into it.

It can be a browser specific issue, since Flex/Flash uses the browser to issue HTTP requests, and the response is received by the browser and then passed to Flash player. If the request is never making it to the server, then it must be getting dropped or hung up in the client, or maybe in the client firewall/antivirus/dangerous url software.  If you only experience on IE8, are those users also running a different internet security software?  If it is blocking 'suspicious' URL's, perhaps something in some of your calls is triggering the block.

Mark

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FLEX development issue: HTTP request error. Any help?
            SS-Jingyan Level 1

thanks for your response.

It is pretty sure all the user's software environment are all the same.

Maybe your are right for the request is never getting to the server, the request may be getting dropped or hung up in the client.

I will try to find any ideas by this case....