20 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2011 9:22 AM by Jason San Jose

Understanding DPI, text size, etc

cfjedimaster Level 3

This is probably a simple question, but...

I've got a simple AIR/mobile application I created that begins with a list view. You can see details of the application here: http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2011/5/14/INeedIt--Simple-Flex-Mobile-example

I'm having an odd issue with text size. If you look at the first screen shot, you can see the list of categories is nice and fat. Now I now that the simulator is 2-3X bigger on my screen than it would be on a real device, but proportionally there is a big difference as well. When run on my device, the text is about 1/3 the size of what it is on the simulator. You see many more options at once. Is there a way to account for this in my code? Basically - a simple way to understand why the proportions are so different from simulator to real hardware.

I'm guessing it is DPI related, but I'm not quite getting it. One commentor on the blog recommended changing the size via an item renderer, and I'm sure that would work, but I'd like to have a better understanding beforehand.

As an FYI - I found that added fontSize="64" to my s:List component worked fine - but just for that component. Stuff on top still semes a bit small. Basically I want everything a bit fatter.