• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic Name Pattern is constantly reset when linking Word Document

May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 9.

I have a Word document which I would like to Link, rather than Import.  The topics I would like pagination for are styles Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3.  I expect that the Word document will change in the future and so I would like the topic names to not contain the Word section number in them, so that if new sections are added to the Word document I will be able to use the Update command without having to remap the Map IDs.

The documented way to manage this is the Topic Name Pattern field under Word Conversion Settings.  However, this field does not seem to remember any changes made to it. 

I go to Project Settings -> Import -> Edit Conversion Settings for Word Document -> Other Settings and select Topic Name Patttern <$paratext_no_num>.    Hit Ok.  This takes me back to the Project Settings dialog.  Hit OK.    If I reopen Project Settings, the field no longer shows the selected settings, it still shows "(Default)".   None of the other settings in this dialog are saved either (for instance selecting "Convert Header" - this option is not selected anymore when I return the dialog).

It does not seem to matter whether this setting is changed before Link, after Link and before Generate, or after Generate and followed by an Update.  The topic titles still always have the section numbers in them, and the field does not show the changes in the dialog.

Am I missing something here?  Has anyone on these forums done this combination (Robohelp 9, Link Word Doccument, Topic Name Pattern change)?

I find it hard to believe that a well-documented feature like this does not work.   There is a similar post here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3003269  (the original poster was trying to change the topic names but the second replier seems like the same problem).

If I use Import instead of Link, the Word Conversion dialog is presented as part of the Import, so there is an opportunity to set the Topic Name Pattern.  This however still seems to retain the section number in the topic name.  Since topic names can be changed and Word document changes cannot be resynced this probably doesnt matter much though. 

Thanks,

Gerard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if Ashish's post at http://forums.adobe.com/message/3685286#3685286 is relevant.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter.  This seems to partially resolve the problem.  Now the setting seems to be retained but the section number in the Word document is still added as part of the topic name even when I use <$paratext_no_num>.  I will follow up in the other thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp