4 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2011 8:23 PM by likemovies

Multiple DVD's

likemovies Level 1

Hi, what's the best way to burn multiple DVD's from a single PrE movie? It's for my son's kindergarten class. I tried rendering an MPEG movie to my PC, then copying to DVD, but it did not work. Can you please advise?

• 1. Re: Multiple DVD's
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The best solution is to use Share/To Disk and, on the DVD Burn options, select To Folder.

Rather than burning to a disc, this will burn your DVD files to a folder on your hard drive.

Burning off copies of the DVD, then, is as simple as burning the VIDEO_TS folder that's created to a DVD disc. (Not just what's inside the folder -- but the folder itself.)

• 2. Re: Multiple DVD's
            the_wine_snob Level 9

A good utiltiy, that allows one to specifiy the number of discs burned in a session, plus also the burn speed*, is the great, free ImgBurn.

As Steve says, it's the VIDEO_TS folder (contents will come along) that is what you want to burn.

Good luck,

Hunt

* I would choose less than the max burn speed. A few extra minutes here, can mean not having to repeat the burn, when Aunt Marge's DVD does not play. Also, I strongly recommend either Verbatim, or Taiyo-Yuden blank media, and never Memorex, recent TDK's or Ritek's, or any "store brand."

• 3. Re: Multiple DVD's
              likemovies Level 1

Thank you so much, I will attempt and report!

• 4. Re: Multiple DVD's
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Good luck.

One of the drawbacks that I find with the burning module in PrE, is the lack of control, with regards to burn speed. It surveys the media, and then the burner, and chooses the fastest possible. I am not a fan of burning a DVD/BD at the fastest possible speed, as no DVD player is certified to play any burned DVD, so the best that we can hope for is the ultimate burn, and the ultimate media.

Please report,

Hunt