3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2007 11:46 AM by kglad

flash slideshow help

kbescape
      I'm building a website with a flash photo gallery at the top of the page.
      Client has requested the slideshow autoplay but also include clickable back and next buttons. Like this sample but with autoplay. Fancy preload effects not needed.

I already looked at the flash 8 photo slideshow but the autoplay is enabled by a button. I need the slideshow to always run on autoplay but allow the next and back features at the same time. xml is not needed.
      Is this possible?
      Thanks!!!!
        • 1. Re: flash slideshow help
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          yes, use a timer to advance the slides and use buttons to advance the slides. reset the timer after a button press.
          • 2. Re: flash slideshow help
            kbescape Level 1
            Thanks for your quick response! I haven't been able to get back to this project until now. Please bear with me, I'm a "know enough to get myself in trouble" level novice. Would the timer be attached to each of the images or to the whole file? Can you direct me to a site that would give me more info or a tutorial I can follow?
            Thanks again!
            • 3. Re: flash slideshow help
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              all the code should be attached to the first frame of you main timeline. you can use setInterval() to call a function that changes your slide based on time.

your two buttons could also call the same function, clear the interval and re-define it.