• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verity with categories problems

Explorer ,
May 30, 2006 May 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the categories feature of verity in ColdFusion MX 7.0.1 Cumulative Hot Fix 2.

My test collection contains 77 documents
Some documents have more than one category
Categories are numbers, 1,2,3,etc

When I do a search and specify the categories to search on it returns very few records (in this case 7) even when I specify all possible categories in the cfsearch tag. If I remove all categories from the cfsearch tag and run the same search I recieve 77 results.

I have tried recreating the collection, purgeing it and repopulating, restarting the server with no effect.

Any help you can provide would be apreciated.
Thanks
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2006 Aug 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue? If so, please let me know, I'm having the same problem with my collections.

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2006 Aug 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really,
With all of the latest updates applied the categories appear to work fine, but now the problem I am having is that it refuses to index all of my documents.

The other thing that I did since posting that last message was to reinstall Verity outside of the ColdFusion root. Search the Forums and I am sure that you can find instructions on that. (didn't help me though)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than using categories try the following: create 3 separate collections then write some programming that searches the selected collection. If you need to see all at once, write code that appends all collections then searches all collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but I am not sure that it would solve my issue. I have significatly more than 3 categories that I wish to index and they are all dynamically generated out of a database. While I could dynamically generate the collections I think the overhead of having that many might be to much.

Any expirance with searching large numbers of collections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2006 Oct 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched 6 separate collections within cfsearch.
<cfsearch
name = "Coll_Results"
collection = "#DocCollOne,DocCollTwo,DocCollThree,DocCollFour,DocCollFive,DocCollSix#"
criteria = "#Form.Criteria#">

Verity handles the comma delinated collections nicely. You can also cfsearch a collection of multiple collections.
I have not experienced the overhead that people are talking about. Im using Win2K , 2gig Ram, MX7 ver 7.0.1
(which contains Verity 5.5) with the Aprils Coldfusion Updater. Indexing directories of docs have the lowest overhead. Indexing DB tables Is memory intensive, basically a duplication of efforts, by gathering info in memory then indexing gathered info again in memory.
does have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2007 Jan 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
dawes4000

Very interesting idea! Is there any way to know from which collection each result is coming from? Using categories I was able to know which category this result was from by using #Category#. Is there anything like that for telling me from which collection it is coming from? I need to know that in order to create the right url link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation