1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2011 8:51 AM by John T Smith

Anybody own a Panasonic HDC-TM700?  I need help.

EricCJunk Level 1

Hi guys. I got the Panasonic HDC-TM700 and am having a problem with it. I recall a few people here have one and love it, so I’m hoping you could help. I read the instruction book and searched online but I cant seem to find anybody with my specific problem so I’m trying to find out if there is something wrong with it,

Basically Ive used it twice now, recording to the HDD at the 60p frame rate and everything else is on auto. The first time while i was recording for a while (about 20-30 mins) it popped up a message on the screen. I forget what the exact message said, but it was something about DATA Processing, and it took about 5 minutes for it to go away and then allowed me to record again. That was frustrating b/c I missed a lot of shots i needed. Then yesterday I put it on a tripod to record a 30 minute ceremony, i pressed record, confirmed it was recording and walked away. I didnt turn it off until the ceremony was over 30 minutes later (so i dont know if there was any messages). I connected the camera to my computer and pulled the files off from the camera HDD.

The first thing i noticed was instead of the ceremony being one 30 minute file, it was broken up into 3 files. When i played it back on my pc, the first file was 18 minutes, the second file is 5 minutes (and there is a 3 second gap in the video), the last file is only 3 minutes (with another 3 min gap) and then the last 5 minutes of the ceremony are missing.

I am very frustrated with this and don’t know why it’s happening. If you could offer any help or advice id really appreciate it. Thanks!