Exported Release Build Application fails to load over the web. You can reproduce using the following steps:
1. Create New Flex Project in Trial Flash Builder 4.5.
2. Use the default Flex 4.5 sdk.
3. Configure as a web application.
3. Place the following MXML code in the main application file:
<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx = "http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
xmlns:s = "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
xmlns:mx = "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
minWidth = "955"
minHeight = "600">
<!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->
<s:TextArea text = "Hello World!" width = "100%" height = "100%">
3. Save the main application file and Export Release Build to bin-release.
4. Place all files in bin-release on IIS web server in a web accessible location.
5. Go to the web accessible location in any browser with newest flash player and view the application's html page.
Flash movie appears blank. Context menu shows Movie Not Loaded. Network traffic shows application main swf downloaded. Framework dependent swfs not downloaded.
Movie loads. Hello World! appears in text box. Context menu does not show Movie Not Loaded. Framework dependent swfs downloaded.
Workaround (if any):
Deploy on an Apache web server.
The tests were run on IIS 7.x (7.0 for one, and 7.5)
Flex application was built using Flex 4.5.0 SDK pre-bundled release (built-in flex 4.5 with Flash Builder 4.5 trial) on Mac OS X 10.6.7 (10J869)
Flash Player 10.3.181.14
Example failing website:
Any idea as to why my exported release build fails? Any help would be appreciated.
Just tried this out on an IIS server with Flash player 10.3.181.14 - it worked.
Are you using the release version of Flash Builder 4.5 with the release version of Flex SDK (not a prior SDK build)?
The URL you mentioned gives me a 403 forbidden error.