2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2011 1:21 AM by loyukfai

Will there EVER be JPEG2000 support??? Or have you completely given up on that?

saskewoo

I know this has been asked a lot, and I also know that it says in the FAQ that it's currently not available, but that you'll try to add it with the next edition. The only problem is... YOU'VE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR 3 YEARS!! Surely that's a decent amount of time

Now I don't know about other people, but I for one baught an eBook (yes, 3 years ago) that consists mostly of JPEG2000 image files. Now the part that really sucks is that I cannot open the file in any other program (Reader, Acrobat or even Photoshop) or extract the image files because of the DRM apparently, and I can't even decrypt it because the image files get either broken or it simply wont work because the file has been created with "'eBook Exchange (EBX_Handler) 128-bit security v.3' encryption handler." All I want to do is look at my 3-year-old magazine!

If the product doesn't support JPEG2000, then why force me to use it?

This is a real disappointment. One should think that there would have been some progress in that amount of time...

Or is there?