• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get pen pressure sensitivity in Photoshop CS5?

May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There is no sensitivity to pressure in my Photoshop CS5. I have installed the driver for my tablet (Intuos 4), but it still doesn't work. I have also clicked the icons for both pressure and opacity in the bar at the top, but they made no difference.

I see a triangle with an exclamation point in the brushes menu by the control options. It says "Control by pen pressure requires the use of a pressure sensitive tablet," so I take this to mean that my tablet isn't supporting sensitivity.

The tablet works just fine, but the sensitivity won't. What should I do?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom advises going to an earlier version of the driver, available on their web site, when you have intermittent pressure problems. Yours may be related.

Try version 6.1.5 from this page:

http://www.wacom.com/en/CustomerCare/Drivers.aspx?model=Intuos3&os=Windows+7

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed version 6.1.5, then restarted it, but now tablet isn't working at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!  That's no fun.  Virtually everyone else has reported that driver version 6.1.5 has solved their pressure sensitivity problems.

I don't have a tablet myself, so it's hard to guide you with further detail.  It's possible the downgrade didn't go well, or that some setting is off.  I hope someone else can jump in here and offer further detailed guidance.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2011 May 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I figured it out! Pen Pressure is working just fine now. Here are the steps I used to fix my problem. Thanks for your help, Noel!

Windows 7/Vista Pro Driver

-Disconnect the tablet from the computer

-Open your start menu and then the Control Panel

-Open programs and features

-Uninstall any listing here for Tablet or Wacom Tablet and then restart the computer

-After restarting, download and install only the latest driver (6.16) from wacom website

-Once the installation is complete, and the system is stable, connect the tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines